Monday, March 30, 2009

Velvet Underground

It seems that I have developed some kind of fetish/obsession with all things velvet! In the past month, whilst scouring the racks at assorted Savers/Salvo's/Vinnie's stores, my heart has done little leaps of joy everytime I stumble across anything velvet......
Those little leaps turn to somersaults when the velvet item is black and in the form of a dress!


I now have a pair of velvet leggings, two black velvet dresses (one I call my vixen dress since it's so tight and short) all acquired within the last month and am now on the lookout for a velvet blazer.It's such a luxurious fabric and just know it will be perfect for winter...
The dress looks quite bland hanging there, but is such a perfect fit! The velvet is a little bit stretchy thus making the dress not just fit perfectly, but also ridiculously comfortable.
The other 'vixen' dress is sleeveless and much tighter in fit, so waiting to shed a few kilos before I whip that one out.


The second item I'm loving lately is this creamy white something....I have no idea what to call it!
Is it a jacket? A shirt? A combination shacket? Either way, I like the little detail of the feathery cut-outs and the luminous, billowy quality....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...